Sunday, September 1, 2013

Colored Souls

Ring around the rosie
Tried to beat the nigger out the old me
Burned me to ashes
Existence no more to be
The harsh life of a colored man
God gave me this color man
Playing God gets you in trouble sam
Couldn't be bothered so I ran
Seeking truth
Seeking substance
Seeking the basics
Caesar is the devil
Lies lead to displacement
They claim I'm getting blacker than the tar
And these pot holes are the scars
Being black is an art
Until you let them see the blackness of the dark
They want what they stole
And tell me I have to pay
Political injustice for a kid just trying to make a name
Jesus paved the way
Yet they set you in moral decay
I'll become as black as night before they take what's mine away
Perhaps the harshness of life are my own people not accepting me
Half breed
Half soul
Just 23 chromosomes
Yet I'm the loudest to let freedom ring
When you become God, then you may judge me
From the dust we arose
To the dust when we decease
I can't get down with the man
I have to be me
I can't be down with the man
I must remain me
I can't be apart of the man
The man doesn't believe in free.











No comments:

Post a Comment