Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Running

The greats can only rise
Not being humble causes the fall
To think out of the box places you ahead of your time
Yet death has a sting that no man has escaped from
Why do the good die early and the wicked die late
I'm on the run to those pearly gates
But I'm find myself driving both sides of a lane
I know I can't serve God and man
Is that the decision it takes to become a man?
The dark places are sometimes the brightest
Maybe seeing with the mind is what leaves me not feeling slighted
Numbers and noises
Not many have heard
Not many will ever feel
No one will ever really know why Jack took Jill up that hill
Maybe everyone is Jack
If only we all could lack fear
Its under these skies that we remain in ill repair
Societal norms are the everyday blues
Toes will always tap
Thoughts will always dance
The masses chant
The heroes fail
After all they're just men
Men who like the rest can't win to prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment