Wednesday, October 17, 2012

For Ashley...


The only way to show someone you love them is by living it
The only way to win someone’s heart is by giving them yours from the start.
The only way to keep it from falling apart is to treat each day like it’s only the first.
And the only way to be real is not being afraid to show them your worst.

Yes you have to pray together in order to stay together
Yes you have to cry together in order to thrive together
Yes you want to be together forever until forever brings you together
But you have to know that forever doesn’t heal whatever pain may come tomorrow

I’ll never forget to show her that I love her
I’ll never forget to hold her tightly in my arms.
I’ll never forget to squeeze her until she squirms
Because I prayed for God to let her find my heart

She’s the first thing on my mind when I wake up
And the last thing on my mind when I go to bed
I keep growing more and more with her
I’m becoming a man faster than I can understand

So for all of those good days I haven’t lived yet
And for all the bad ones I’ve left in the past
The only thing that matters for the moment
Is knowing she’s mine for better or blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment