Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Relief Not Peace

If I cast the first stone I hope one doesn't hit me back
That's the way we live
That's the time we give
Am I worth it
I know I'm not perfect
Spent a lot of time watching dreams seem so surface
So substantial
So consequential
Can I live or am I trying to live through
See my doubts are far gone
And I quit thinking about my fears
Its my time to be strong
Real men equate to real tears
See my weakness was I couldn't break through
The only difference is there's nothing I can't do
And these witnesses feel like I'm untouchable
The world sees the unblemished
My minds on fire never to be extinguished
The worst they could do was to teach me english
The persecution of a child's heart should make you feel squeamish
Dumb down a nation
Make us all aloof
Upgrade the enemies
Send off more troops
Feed us the lies
Ease us with the pills
Line us all up
We all chase the dollar bills
We'll kill for the right of the 5th
But die at the hands of the 47
While the top 10 hide amidst the thorns leaving us abandoned
Its the nights that are the hottest
During the days we work alone
Brick by brick
Bone for bone
No man's land means no man's throne
Give us free
We need relief
No such thing as peace
There's only trust and belief.














No comments:

Post a Comment