Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Tomorrow, Today




If I write about love
If I write about God
If I write my truths
If i write my lies
If I right my life would it end tonight
If I write about the light, will the sun not shine
If I write about hope will the believers cease
If I write about troubles will the preachers, preach
Will the teachers still teacher
Will slaves still be beat
Will the drums cry out
Will history still shout
Or will they still cover up the wrongs
Or not reveal the psalms
Reading blank palms
Creating new wrongs
See the scars are still scarred
And the faith carries on
And redemption forgives the hearts
For the work is always hard
For the ignorance presses on
These days are faded until they're gone
New dreams will spawn
Quill and ink still respond
What's destined will march on
All before tomorrow begins to yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment