Thursday, March 21, 2013

Knowing...

What happens when our dreams come true
What happens when the sky is always blue
Why do we want success so bad
Why do we want all of the things we've never had
How happy are we truly
How irresponsible are our selfish mistakes
From babes to adults
Do we really know how far we fall from the tree
So many times we listen to advice but not our hearts
God speaks to us through our hearts
Our gut instinct is what we personally desire
There is nothing that makes one man better than another
If you measure by wealth, then you've killed the hand you've been dealt
Nature always runs its course
It whispers tale after tale
But why do we not hear it
Why do failures in history never seem as if they once prevailed
Why is this cup so tainted
And why is the world ever changing
We never ask to be born
Yet we pray we never die
Inevitably everything has an end
I just pray I make it inside those pearly gates on time
What makes us truly tick
Why do most people not break how they've been conditioned
Why do parents forget to pass to their children common sense
Who really knows how long its going to take
Who really knows every mistake that they've made
I know we have to choose God to be saved
But what about those who've never heard His name
Will they be saved when He comes back one day
Is it right to question where we come from
Is it wrong to challenge the walls of religion
Or should we just accept something not chosen but given
I can only know the answers to these questions for myself
I can't answer them for him, her or anyone else
I have my personal struggles
I have my vault of faults
I just hope love is felt by everyone
And its not forced through a catheter 
While we subconsciously can't reason with our thoughts.







No comments:

Post a Comment