Thursday, May 2, 2013

Soul

No longer can I fake it
From here the up hill is make it
No one truly knows the depths of these tears
No one truly knows the yield beyond these fears
Waking up nervous
Going to bed burdened
Praying my mold is broken
For the weight is far heavier than any crown
And the strength isn't able to be bound
The myth has met the legend
My clumsiness let's me know I'm alive
These dreams grow bigger by night
These visions run faster than the bright
Waking up on the edge of greatness
Knowing nothingness is a ledge fall away
Kissing failure on the eyes
Embracing being a man over the divide
I know my destination
I know my happiness
My God knows me
But do I know my God
Do I really mean the trust I pray for
I know what I'm thankful for
I used to wonder why we have faith for
Too many people are caught up in others lives
Too many people have their eyes in mine
Pressure is nothing I can't handle
Time will never slow down
Never would I want to be a king or God
Yet I'm looked at as if I know all
Search your hearts for your own clarity
Build your own castles
Don't rely on your personal sanctity
I cannot cry for the lost
I cannot recover a forgotten heart
Who will survive this peril
You cannot thrive in this era
Brick by brick is being unbuilt
Egypt's walls will not cry out slavery
London's bridge will not cry for the merry
1968 will not cry about the victory
Chains will forever sing the pain of gravity.








No comments:

Post a Comment