Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Willie Lynch

This is not a real place
A society that pays homage to gays
A country that still runs on slaves
Corrupted
Our kids die in the streets every day
Feeding us the needles to take the pain away
Liberation is born this way
Conservation is the chain clanks
Failure to decimate a race
Success is taxes paid
No money for school 
Sell your soul to Sallie Mae
Jordan no longer plays
Saturday's sneakers
How to demise a race
Fashion forward
Guess I won't pay my rent today
Smoke this weed
No gas money
I was going to walk anyway
The essence of words
The use of language
How to bring kings and queens away from home just to be abandoned
Three hundred years later
Tar and feathered still hasn't changed
Words a man wrote who hated himself
Still drive an economy not even white Jesus could save
Paint they're faces on stolen success
I'm just a kid judged not based on my knowledge or wealth
I can't even grow a beard
Or even paint my expressions in the clouds
Father do you see how they treat us even now
My name is not billie or susie
My name is not boy
My name is my name
Its worth cannot be destroyed
I am man
I am the test of time
God I pray for deliverance
For this society that has made breathing while black a crime.







No comments:

Post a Comment