Sunday, February 17, 2013

If I Were A Failure

If I were a failure
If I were a fluke
I'd still be better than average
I'd be credited as being a fool
The world would crush my bones
Stress would set my soul ablaze
Darkness wouldn't be seen as corrupt
Needles would have no restrain
If I were a failure
If I were a hopeless cause
Would my friends forsake me
Would me family forget I existed at all
Could I bend beams with a thought
Could I break all ideals with grace
Would Jesus still love me
Would I have a soul mate
If I were a failure
I'd still stand tall
See the glass half full
Achieve what seemed impossible
Break the smiles of the doubting race
Make this world my own
Understand what it means to be great
For the failures of the meek never amount to much at all
But the failures of the brave bring an abundance with the harvest in the fall
All in all
Through thick in thin
Trial after Trial
Tears, smoke and magic
Failures are the triumphs no one sees
The victories that aren't counted that seem make-belief
Failure is the distance a man goes until he breaks the odds of fate
Failure is who we are
Failure is the only perfected human trait
Failure is everything we never want to be
Failure is the only thing in life that comes free.

1 comment:

  1. I feel this! I've read it like 10 times today."If I were a Failure" are Deep thoughts within one's self that I can relate to. I fight this battle with myself. If you define success, failure, and mediocre, you find that they are words to compare... They compare one's data/experiences/accomplishments to another's. Keep doing your thing man.

    ReplyDelete