Thursday, April 4, 2013

Parallels

Never had any glass house dreams
Never really found profit in another's belongings
Self worth and predictabilities leading me to accept the laws of be
The loneliness of a rolling stone
Focused on how to build a home
There's a point where you realize the world can't have you
There's a point when you realize time will surpass you
Everything always feels surreal 
And the only thing that ever sinks in  
Are the dishes into the soap, daydreaming about "one day when..." 

Not sure if I'm more happy with my failures or the wins
I'm just loving this place that I'm in
It's just us, her and I
No longer do I worry about broken hearts or goodbyes 
No longer caught up in the thoughts of could I
Cause I did
I have
And none of the should haves are still resonant
My most valuable photographs are the ones I see in her eyes
And there's never a bashful smile I'm ashamed to wear with pride

The difference between you and I 
Is the choice of being a man 
Boys don't understand and that's the place we're in
I'm not afraid of the world outside
Death is inevitable
Your aged and failed dreams are no longer a parallel
Maybe one day we'll speak again
Maybe one day I'll be the father that you tried to be
Not a day goes by that I don't pray for you
Not a day goes by that I don't cry a little inside
There's never a day that will exist where you're not bigger than the sun in my eyes
Paid attention to your mistakes
A life in lies is one I won't portray
A life in your eyes has got to be scary every day
Lost, bitter and enthralled in self decay
I wish I could rewind time to give you better days
Maybe on the road is where you should've stayed

Now the sun is setting and my brothers can't sit steady
Wish we had the means to heal all the temporaries
Dollar bills can't solve a bitter sweet ending
However they can solve the hunger and tears
That have existed in this world for decades
We're never in want but all of our problems lead to headaches
I know the sun will shine tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow lasts for always.





No comments:

Post a Comment