Saturday, January 30, 2010

Communication

Written by : Kristofer Ryan

Communication

If you tell me to go I’m going to go
If you tell me to leave, I’m going to leave
If you want me to stay, then speak those words too
This miscommunication has got to stop
I can’t read your mind, just tell me how you feel
A child cannot know how to speak unless spoken too
I know that I don’t always tell you
I know I don’t always express myself
But we understand each other
It’s nothing more and it’s nothing less
I don’t need anyone else but you
I don’t need anything else but you
What I need is for you to remain here
What you need is for me to whisper these words in your ears,
I’m head over hills I’ve leapt forward and haven’t looked back
I see the beauty beyond your tears
I know your stare when I eliminate all of your fears
You’re my little miss sunshine
You’re my energy when the sun won’t shine
But yet all of these expressive words I keep to myself
You sit right beside me everyday
You say my name and it feels like I’m beyond space
I hear your laugh and I’m done for your smile
I’ll be your man, I’ll show you how
Show you the things in this world we don’t need
All I need is God and He is all you need
If I keep my mind on Him then apart we’ll never be
We’ll become so tangled up together
And straightened up when need be
I know you’re afraid and I know you’re scared
Just don’t chase the pavement
Or in fear your mind will continue to dwell

No comments:

Post a Comment