Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Knot

Written: 01/13/10
By: Kristofer Ryan


The Knot


Why?
That’s the first question that comes to her mind
She’s peeking through the blinds waiting on my car to arrive.
Words heavy on her chest and so are my eyes
She wants me to focus and talk to her connecting eye to eye
I don’t see the big deal, but if I don’t it’ll probably be a fight
Ask about her day and what are we doing tonight
She goes around the world to tell me her new problem
I’m timing how long this will take between the seconds when I’m yawning
She says thanks for taking the time to listen
I didn’t hear a word she said, but looks must be convincing
It’s another day and we spend time as well as my money
She doesn’t seem to mind, she doesn’t think about my budget
I look to the sky saying thanks to the man above
And she stares into my soul, happy that I’m keeping her in love
For every corner we walk is another girl giving me that look
For every look they give, the deeper I’m attached to her hook.
Sun shining, gentle breeze, I can live like this with ease
Just to replay the entire situation
I don’t know what it is
It feels like an every day vacation.
So how happy will I be?
I never seem to wonder
How long will we be happy together?
I dismiss the question of ever finding another.
Content?
I’m better off than that word means
Love ?
It’s not as bad as they make it out to be
Forever?
It’s been this long, so why not?
I tell a and joke and she laughs
I can do this all day, no need to watch the clock.
Patience?
She works my nerves but it’s good for me
Time is created in beauty
Her good looks always feel new to me.
But the underlying thought is to always keep her guessing,
The more sporadic I get then the more she giggles and can’t help it.
The more she falls and falls is the longer the rope gets
Once it gets long enough the rope is burnt on the ends
It then twists and turns until it ends in a knot.
The same knot the groom feels when his former life is about to be forgot,
The same knot that makes her think she’s to fat in her dress,
And the same knot that gets tied, well that’s for you to find out the rest…

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you know how I feel now.

    - Jonathan Thicklin

    ReplyDelete