Friday, January 8, 2010

I liked her, I like her

By: Kristofer Ryan
(I wrote this one earlier today, so I figured why not post it.)

I liked the way she smelled
I liked the way her jeans fit around her not so large butt
I liked the way her hair curled, she rather it not
I liked the way she talked and talked and never repeated anything more than once
I liked the way she was self conscious but was always blunt
I liked the way she saw me, just as weird as her
I liked the way she picked up on things, took sometime but things worked
I liked the way we were the same but I the boy and she the girl
I liked how she rocked her skinny jeans and how she pronounced her words
I liked the way, I liked the way
I still want to like the way
She distances herself afraid of pain
Caused no harm, he’s to blame
She’s tossing and losing her mind in the dark
She calls when she wants to call
She text when she wants to text
She could have been the next
I liked her more than the rest
For the first time in years, I found what I wanted
I found what I had feared, but still she was what I wanted
But was I what she wanted, am I what she wants
Theses other girls just aren’t there
They don’t have that bounce to their hair
They don’t have the breath taking stare
There not the same at all
I was told to never settle for less
And I don’t know if she’ll ever re-confess
Her interest, her like, her love
The way she tells the truth into my eyes
I liked her, I like her
I don’t know if she’s a want or need
But I’d sail this world seven times
If that’s what it takes for her to be with me

2 comments: